Dr. Wm. Robinson Plantation Museum
Event Schedule 2013
12 - 4 PM
December 7th & 8th
Listed on the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places, the Dr. William Robinson plantation is a rare example of late 17th century frame construction, notable for its chamfered and carved summer beam, rubble stone foundation and massive fireplace foundation in the cellar, steeply pitched roof, crenellated chimney, diamond-paneled casement windows and broad overhanging corner pendants.
Built circa 1690 on the 700 acre farm of Dr. William Robinson, one of the first known physicians in the area, who emigrated here from Scotland with his family.
A circa 1957 addition on the back contains modern utilities and the house was occupied as a residence until 1973. There have been a total of five families that occupied the house since 1690.
The township acquired the structure in 1973 and it was restored by the local historical society during 1973 -1980 and opened to the public in 1978
December 7th &
8th 12pm - 4pm
Get your free picture with Santa Claus. The house will be filled the scent of food cooking over the open fire on the hearth for guests to taste. There will be a gingerbread house raffle and the gift shop is open. Admission is free. Saturday and Sunday, 12 – 4 p.m.
Visit us on Facebook
***** For more information on all events please see the events page *****
For advance notification of upcoming events please fill out the below form and join our mailing list.
Dr. Wm. Robinson Plantation & Museum
Scott McCabe, Director
593 Madison Hill Road, Clark, NJ 07066
Phone: (732) 340-1571
Webmaster - Lisa@drrobinsonmuseum.org
Like us on Facebook
On Street Parking
|© 2009 Lisa Jennings. All